Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week one of the Adventures of Gwyn the Artist!

Hello All,

So this week has been... busy, hard, fun, scary, exciting, and very rewarding. 

About two weeks ago I was contacted by two women from the church I attend. Our church has been going through a crazy huge building campaign and though its taken a long time, they are nearly done with all the work. Now comes the time when we fill the space with furniture, accessories, and, drum roll, art. Which is where I come in. I was asked to make three 16x20 images of the church and help edit a logo the church has had for a while. Here are the images below:



Over all I am very happy. I feel like I was still able to do my style and I got to experiment with a few new textures and fonts. What I really like about these three images is that I was able to use text and texture from a book the church historian gave to me. It was published in 1968 and its filled with the history of the church. This church is in Lexington MA right on the battle green and let me tell you, there is a LOT of history. I found myself with the issue of having WAY to much source material. Which is an awesome problem to have.

We ordered the prints and they will get in soon! So for now these three pieces are done, but I reserve the right to revisit once I see the canvases printed.

I have a couple of new projects in the works and will be posting about them soon!





1 comment:

  1. Your photos added a very important element to the "welcome wall." Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete